SAVORY BREAKFAST MUFFINS
This quick and very easy breakfast muffin recipe is fabulous anytime, but especially as an on the go breakfast or snack! And the best part is that they are super quick and easy to make….from go to whoa in 45 minutes!
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 125 g bacon rashers rindless diced
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese grated
- 1/2 green capsicum finely chopped
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 cup corn cob kernels fresh
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp mixed herbs *to taste
- Place bacon, cheese, capsicum, onion, corn, herbs, spinach, eggs and olive oil in a bowl. Mix together well.
- Add the flour and mix together, then add the milk. Mix well. Mixture needs to be slightly runny.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tray.
- Bake at 180C for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
You can use fresh or frozen corn.
Tastes delicious warm from the oven with a dob of butter.
These can be frozen.